New work – the completed experiment

So, on Wednesday I shared an experimental work in progress.

Here’s the result.

Fenchurch Street, the New Kid on the Block by Cathy S R Read
Fenchurch Street, the New Kid on the Block

The verdict is… I don’t like it!

Visually I like the effect but I found the surface very fragile and I’ve had the familiar drying problem. Cleaning up resulting in ink smudges as well as scratches where I’ve tried to remove the salt. I’ve even had to use white ink on it to touch it up. (Oh the horrors!)

So I’ll try the paper glued onto the board next.

And I’ll hail a taxi to do it!

You’ll have to wait until Wednesday for that to make sense.

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 Replies to “New work – the completed experiment”

  1. Cathy,personally I have always loved your work.Like the word experiment! Looks great to me too..

    1. Thanks Steve. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to change my style, just figure out how best to work larger. Experiment number 2 is looking good… Cathy

  2. It’s a great picture, shame the experiment didn’t work. I hope experiment 2 works or there’s another solution which will reveal itself soon 🙂

    1. Thanks Sue, It’s looking good so far, so let’s hope so!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.